Hidden cameras have become extremely common today than ever before. People use them to spy on others and to gain insights. It can be extremely frustrating to find out that you are being spied upon. If you feel that someone is spying on you, there is no need to worry as we will help you detect a hidden spy camera in no time. All you need to detect the surveillance equipment is an Android phone. Now, this does not mean that the camera is not fool-proof. But, with a bit of effort, you should be able to detect the hidden camera. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s take a look at how you can detect a camera using an Android phone.
Through Infrared Radiation (IR) Light
There are different types of hidden cameras. Some of them emit IR light which is not visible to our naked eyes. But, the camera lens of an Android mobile should have no trouble picking it up. The only thing you have to do is hold the device close to the hidden camera. The IR emitted by the hidden camera should appear in the display of the camera as a bright white light. Here is what you have to do.
- Open your Android phone.
- Launch the camera app or any other camera app on your phone.
- Walk around the space and point the camera in areas where you think the spy equipment might have been hidden.
- Keep an eye on the phone display. If you spot a bright-white light, it is time for you to investigate further. Even the smallest of light should give away where the camera is hidden. Therefore, you have to carefully scan the room and not miss any area.
Another great way to detect hidden cameras or even listening devices is by scanning the space for any wifi signals. Some lower-end spy cameras easily pop up in the list of wifi connections which makes it easy to detect them. Keep refreshing your wifi network as you walk through the entire space and open your eyes to find any odd-looking device or connection. Since your phone would pick up various wireless networks and devices, you need to look specifically for a brand name or the terms camera, cam, etc. The following steps help break down what you need to do.
- Open your phone and head over to the Settings app.
- Then, tap on “Network and Internet”.
- Next, tap on “Wifi”.
- Now, all you have to do is start moving your phone as you walk around the space.
- Look at your phone for any nearby wifi networks that might seem suspicious.
- That is it. You will be able to detect a hidden camera.
Once you have gone over this post, you will have no trouble detecting hidden cameras using an Android phone. Try using both of the methods to increase your chances of finding the hidden camera.