Are you going for a picnic to the zoo?
Do you want to travel from one city to another in your car?
Putting your baby in a car is very risky, if they are not wearing a seat belt. So, if you are looking to buy the best travel system for your baby or toddler, then do check MommiesBuy.com. They have listed the best travel system according to different needs and requirements.
On the other hand, carrying your baby or toddler gets tiresome if you have to walk a lot.
You can carry your baby in a carrier or a sling, but that too gives you sore shoulders.
So, the best thing is to get a proper travel system for your kids that include a stroller and a car seat.
It is a one-time investment that will come in handy for years to come.
It saves you a lot of hassle, shoulder pain, backache, and possible accidents.
So, in this article, I will talk more about the best travel system for your baby.
When do you need a travel system?
A travel system includes a car seat and a stroller. Buying two different products is expensive and takes too much space. The best thing is to get a convertible system. You can make the stroller a car seat by unclipping it from the base and attach it to the backseat. You should buy the travel system in the pre-natal stage so that once your baby is born you can bring your baby home in the car seat. After your baby outgrows the baby car seat, you can use the travel system as a full-sized stroller.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Travel System
- You can transport the baby in and out of the vehicle without disturbing.
- The travel system can be used for good two to three years.
- You save costs by buying one travel system rather than buying a stroller and car seat separately.
- Travel systems are heavier than the stroller and difficult to push and pull along uneven spaces.
- You cannot put a baby for the first six months in the sitting position for long so the car seat cannot be used for a long duration.
Features of the Best Travel System
- Safety: Before making a purchase, check if the product ever got recalled because of safety issues. Also, check for a JPMA certification which shows it is a good product and should adhere to all US safety standards.
- Harness: The standard is a five-point harness, which secures the baby at its shoulder, waist, and between its legs. It should be easy to adjust but difficult for the baby to unfasten it.
- Recline: Newborns have to lie on the back for the first six months, while toddlers want to watch out of the windows. So, make sure they are comfortable using the reclining option.
- Opening and folding: While carrying the baby in one hand, you need to open and fold the stroller so make sure it can be done easily. Also, the folded stroller saves a lot of space.
- Canopy: It is important to have a good canopy in the travel system so that you can cover your baby from the sun.
- Wheels: The stroller should have lockable wheels and front-swiveling type, which makes your stroller all-terrain friendly.
- Size: Before buying a travel system, do check the sizes that whether the car seat or stroller fits in your car well or not else it will be a total waste if you can’t fit it in the car. You can find more information on the sizes on MommiesBuy.com