Ever since the novel coronavirus emerged, it has impacted the entire global population. The virus has resulted in governments taking serious measures such as making it mandatory for people to wear a medical face mask in public spaces. If you experience some of the symptoms of Covid-19, you must remain at home unless you need urgent medical care. You will need to wear a medical face mask if you live with someone or have to visit your healthcare provider. Although medical masks such as a surgical mask do not offer protection against the infection, they help trap the infectious respiratory secretions. Thus, it is vital to wear a mask to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
How Can You Properly Use A Medical Face Mask?
The following tips will help ensure that you properly use a medical face mask.
- Clean your hand thoroughly. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash your hands using soap and water.
- Always inspect the mask for any holes or tears before you put it on.
- Look for the metal strip in the mask. It is the mask’s top.
- Make sure that the colored side faces away from you or outward.
- The top part of the mask should be placed on the bridge of the nose. Mold the metal strip to ensure the mask fits perfectly.
- Tie the straight ties behind the head or loop the elastic bands behind the ears carefully.
- The bottom of the mask should be pulled down to ensure it perfectly covers your chin, mouth, and nose.
- Never touch the mask when you put it on. If you need to touch the mask to adjust it, your hands should be clean and properly clean them afterward.
- Open the bands from behind the ears to take off your mask or undo the ties. You should avoid touching the front of the mask when you do this because it could be contaminated.
- Dispose of the medical face mask promptly into a closed garbage bin. Then, make sure to properly wash your hands.
If you are on the lookout for surgical masks, you should head over to Banuo as it offers some of the best options. You will be blown away by the variety of options. Take care of yourself in style by getting a stylish face mask.
Best Practices for Using Surgical Masks
The following are some of the best practices that you should keep in mind when it comes to using face masks during the current pandemic.
- N95 respirators should only be used by first responders and healthcare workers.
- Surgical masks should only be worn if you are ill with Covid-19 or have a loved one who is taking care of you.
- Since surgical masks are disposable, you should never reuse them.
- As soon as the mask becomes damp or damaged, it should be replaced.
This post provides you with all the information you need to get through difficult times like these.